Steptoe’s Yard Ltd has been carrying out demolition works on a sub-contract only basis for a number of years, but during 2010 we created a ‘sister company’ called ‘Hardcore Crushing Ltd’ and it is this company which now undertakes all our demolition activities; both as a sub-contractor, and in our own right.
Hardcore Crushing Ltd are accredited for Demolition and Site Clearance works under the governments ‘Constructionline’ initiative, and we have also achieved accreditation to CHAS (Contractors Health & Safety Assessment Scheme); another originally government backed initiative to ensure the employment of safe contractors in the workplace.
The company owns and operates a fleet of plant and equipment; the main items listed below, and all our operators and operatives are CSCS / CPCS Trained.
• 4 No 20 tonne Tipper/RORO Skip Wagons
• 1 No Demolition Specification 31t Hydraulic Tracked Excavator
• 3 No Demolition Specification 22t / 25t Hydraulic Tracked Excavators
• 3 No Demolition Specification 13t / 14t Hydraulic Tracked Excavators
• 1 No 45t Tracked Jaw Crusher (Fintec 1107)
• 1 No 36t Tracked Jaw Crusher (Sandvik QJ240)
• 1 No 30t Tracked Screening Plant (Fintec 640)
• 2 No 20t Loading Shovels
• 2 No 8t Tele-handlers
We operate a select list of specialist sub-contractors for disciplines such as asbestos surveying & removal; archaeological survey work; explosive demolition, and steeplejack works, where the skills; expertise and specialist equipment of these companies can be embraced to lower risk.